***NEW - REALTEK PCI/PCIe NIC**
Update your drivers from http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/prod ... l=3&Conn=2
It resolves any connectivity or disconnect issues with this card.
**NEW - DGN 1000 Router users**
There are known issues with this router. Use a different one if possible.
Possible fix: Under the router's ADSL settings page change multiplexing method VC-BASED to LLC-BASED
Make sure to have all your ports forwarded in your firewall and router. Do not use port triggering as this will close the ports needed and you will have connectivity problems. If the two previous entries in this guide apply to you, follow those steps as well.
I can't login
1) Turn off any firewalls. This includes hardware (router firmware, etc.) and software (Windows Firewall, Norton/McAfee/Kaspersky/etc). If this works we don't want you to sacrifice your security, so you can just make sure that these ports are available: 42100-42199 TCP, 10500-10599 TCP, and be able to open an ephemeral port TCP/UDP. (NOTE: The ports may change.)
2) Check your hosts file. Depending on your OS, your hosts file should either just have a localhost entry or be no entries by default. (DISCLAIMER: If you have other entries in your hosts file, they may be there for a reason, so edit at your own risk.)
3) Make sure you are running as an admin. Find your Darkspore executable, right click to bring up the properties and check 'Run this program as an Administrator'.
4) Get a new installer. Our earlier installers didn't handle flaky connections and non-standard locales. Use your current installer to uninstall and download the latest installer for the Beta site.
5) Search the forums. Many people have been using the forums to resolve issues to great effect. Search the forums to see if your specific issue has already been resolved.
Stuck after pressing start
Run through the steps for the previous problem just to make sure everything is running correctly but pay special attention to port forwarding. The usual culprit is a blocked port.
ProfessorShade wrote:I was getting an issue where when I started a game it would just sit at the loading screen, and it would get stuck on that screen forever.
If you are on iiNet you will have to go to your toolbox at https://toolbox.iinet.net.au/ and under account tools -> port blocking, you can turn off the port blocking which defaults to "on".
Once this was disabled I had no more issues.
If you're still having problems, make sure your NIC (Network card) drivers are up to date! This solves it more often than not.
Doesn't help? Please post information about any error messages you get. Please tell us where you are trying to connect from.