It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:49 pm

The race to the finish

Anything and everything Darkspore.

The race to the finish

Postby MaxisKiwiboat » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:19 pm

The prize is pride. The race is to 18-4. There will be no second place. Nophx on our forums has deemed the journey “…just impossible”, but the few rising contenders appear to not be even remotely deterred (or they did not read our forums to get the heads up).

These champions will persist through the darkest of Darkspore to see their names in bright white on top of the stats board. The reflection of 18-4 next to their name glistening from their eyes as they weep tears of joy and relief.

While not all of us can hope participate in such a treacherous endeavor, we can safely watch, secure in our cubes. So I present you their story. The story of the Darkspore conquerors.

Two days ago, nobody knew Slasher2099. But now the galaxy fears his presence. And his ability to play a game for long lengths of time. Slasher2099 was the first to clear 7-3 this Tuesday at 5:35 PM. He would follow up the accomplishment by defeating 7-4 a mere 14 minutes later. All told, Slash’s beatdowns came only 17 hours after the release of the Darkspore.

Promie made his presence known to Slasher2099 by first clearing 8-1 at 10:36 PM the same night. And with a little dedication, red bull and apparent lack of kids, Promie went on to be the first to conquer the next 4 levels. His streak would end at 9-1 on Wednesday morning at 2:27 am.

Slasher would rise early in the morning. Refreshed. Excited. Ready to…slash. He knew his opponent was exhausted, and quickly became the tortoise to Promie’s hare. While Promie slept, Slasher2099 became the first player to cross 9-2 on Wednesday 11:51 am. He would not stop his butchering until 10-2 at 4:44 PM.

But the pace between Promie and Slash could not be maintained, and it would take a third contender to progress the battle against the Darkspore. Enerd and Traitorr (herein known as EnT) teamed up to clear 10-3 at 10:00 PM and then 10-4 at 10:37 PM.

Promie gathered his strength against the new foe, and he went on to step past 11-1 at 3:12 AM and 11-2 at 5:07 AM Thursday morning. But it appears EnT is just toying with the competition. EnT cleared 11-3 at 10:23 AM and has now progressed all the way through 12-4 as of 2:52 PM.

So that is where we sit. EnT has defeated 12-4 and 24 threat levels sit in front of this brave team 63 hours after release. But do they have the force of will to fight through Apocalypse? Will Slasher2099 or Promie rise again to speed up the pace? And will MaxisKiwiboat make a surprise appearance in the race (unlikely)? All we can do is wait and watch and cheer...
MaxisKiwiboat
Cyber Sentry

Re: The race to the finish

Postby SirJasperius » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:33 pm

Just as a simple note, I LOVE that you are doing this post. Making it sound so damn epic.
SirJasperius
Necrotic Spawn

Postby Pelara » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:44 pm

Kiwi, I simply love this post! :x
Pelara
Cyber Sentry

Postby Drakasi » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Q -- "What is best in life?"

A -- "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
"Pain is good for it lets me know that I am still alive."
Drakasi
Necrotic Spawn

Postby Impious_Iron » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:41 pm

This thread is epic.

I can't imagine how barbaric 15-1 and onward will be.
Zrin the Sun Fist wrote:
Xylan the Corruptor wrote:Ha ha ha... Fighting me must be like fighting the sun!

I AM THE SUN!
Impious_Iron
Bio Warrior

Location: Hovering above the abyss, feeding on the souls of the damned and growing steadily in power...

Postby ScO_Os » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:25 pm

Would I be right, when I guess, that having finished 12-4 isn't even halfway through the game when it comes to play-time required?

As far as I know during beta no one ever completed the game on the highest difficulty-level.
ScO_Os
Cyber Sentry

Postby arastoph » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:28 pm

I can't even get past 6-4...
I have tried 6 times!! and my team is over lvl 60!
i feel useless...
arastoph

Postby ScO_Os » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:35 pm

Did you try to play it in coop?

Combining a tank with damage-dealers really makes it a lot easier than trying to do it alone with either tank (who hardly can kill stuff) or damage-dealer (who will die pretty quickly).

Also mere Item-Level isn't enough. The items need to have the right stats. Especially Health is extremely important.

Maybe your fighting-strategy is wrong too.
ScO_Os
Cyber Sentry

Postby Arborus » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:33 pm

Hah! Great post! I had a lot of trouble getting through 7 and 8 but a recent weapon drop (purified for the one and only, Arborus!!!!) should make things much easier!
Arborus
Necrotic Spawn

Postby Pelicanthor » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:53 pm

Heck, I am up to it once I get access to the Comp with DarkSpore on it.... I got it taken away becuase I pulled an all nighter without letting my mom know :(
| !SRS-42! | Image | 4th person to reach 501 | My Spore PROfile |
ImageImage
Pelicanthor
Bio Warrior

Location: The deepest darkest parts of my basement, looking at you from my computer screen.

Postby kurliew » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:39 pm

kiwi is gonna wait till they are on 18-3 and then hack, snatching victory from their groping fingers

smile
kurliew
Plasmic Orbiter

Postby SirJasperius » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:09 am

Traitorr and enerd currently at 13-3 slasher and promie at 13-2 as of midnight
SirJasperius
Necrotic Spawn

Postby offeed » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:27 am

it would be awesome if the devs could follow them like a spectator and show the lasts level in the liveshow :D
this is not a sig
offeed
Necrotic Spawn

Postby jaspurrr » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:29 am

Wish I had more time to compete and take the throne! Due to full time job only able to play in the evenings :(

But damn this game is difficult, it has to the be one of the most difficult PvE games I've ever played. Even DA:O on Nightmare was nothing compared to this. I love it!

Good luck to all the top players ;)
Last edited by jaspurrr on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaspurrr
Necrotic Spawn

Postby DonFawful » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:05 am

Did the mods really take down my post without saying anything? That's really classy guys, really classy. Anyway I still think they should get some more sleep instead of barging through the game. They will probably stop playing it after they beat it realizing they havent had real fun throughout.

Deleting posts without giving reason is bad and you should feel bad.
My Youtube!

"It's just frustrating when people want their cake, eat one slice then want a brand new one." - Laine
DonFawful
Necrotic Spawn

Those Talents/Time ^^ needed

Postby Katzukaze » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:40 am

We need such energetic powers in Darkspore Apocalypse steamgroup !
Darkspore Apocalypse requires heroes with critical damage above 150%.
Join us in the search for power and glory.
Katzukaze
Cyber Sentry

Postby kurliew » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:54 am

DonFawful wrote:Did the mods really take down my post without saying anything? That's really classy guys, really classy. Anyway I still think they should get some more sleep instead of barging through the game. They will probably stop playing it after they beat it realizing they havent had real fun throughout.

I assume there was a reason, if they did delete it

Was there anything offensive in it?

If not, you probably posted at the same time as someone else then closed the tab, so it didnt post (Do it all the time)
Last edited by kurliew on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

smile
kurliew
Plasmic Orbiter

Postby DonFawful » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:09 am

kurliew wrote:
DonFawful wrote:Did the mods really take down my post without saying anything? That's really classy guys, really classy. Anyway I still think they should get some more sleep instead of barging through the game. They will probably stop playing it after they beat it realizing they havent had real fun throughout.

I assume there was a reason, if they did delete it

Was there anything offensive in it?

If noy, you probably posted at the same time as someone else then closed the tab, so it didnt post (Do it all the time)

Nothing offensive at all I'm not like that. Must have been the latter then.
My Youtube!

"It's just frustrating when people want their cake, eat one slice then want a brand new one." - Laine
DonFawful
Necrotic Spawn

Postby StrikeALight » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:53 am

Good luck and godspeed such foolhardy, albeit brave adventurers!
StrikeALight
Necrotic Spawn

Postby Tekker9000 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:58 am

Cool beans!

Now someone should start taking bets...
Tekker9000
Necrotic Spawn

Next

Return to Darkspore Discussion