It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:57 am

Darkspore FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Anything and everything Darkspore.

Darkspore FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Rebecca1208 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:26 pm

Frequently Asked Questions
Please always refer to the FAQ before you ask questions! If you find anything here which doesn't seem accurate or correct, please let us know so we can make this as helpful as possible. If you have any suggestions for the FAQ, post here or PM a moderator so we can fix it!

Darkspore - The Game
When is the next patch coming, and what will be in it?
Release dates for patches aren't really set in stone until right before they come out. As soon as the developers know when they're going to release a patch, we'll be the first to know! Therefore I'd ask that you guys just be patient, and try to avoid making threads asking when a patch is coming, because there just isn't an answer. It's the same for what's going to be in the patch, too. Things are being added and removed from a patch right up until it goes out, so there's no way to predict what's going to be in it for sure... so, asking about what's going to be in the next patch doesn't do any good, either.

Is there DRM in Darkspore?
Many of you already know this, but Darkspore does not include DRM.
There's been some confusion about the requirement of being connected to the internet to play. As an online game that we’re happy for you to play on multiple machines, we’re storing your progress on our
servers. The point of this is to make it easier for our players to get to the game, not harder.

Can I install Darkspore on different computers?
You are able to install Darkspore on many different computers, and log-in with all of your data, as long as you have an internet connection.

Will my data be intact if I reinstall?
All Crogenitor, profile, hero, campaign, and Social data is stored on servers, rather than on your PC. You
will keep all of your current data.

Will I be able to create multiple accounts with one purchase?
You may only create ONE account per purchase, although you may play Darkspore on different computers.

Is Darkspore a pay-to-play game?
Darkspore is not a pay-to-play game. You buy it once, install it, and get playing.

Is Darkspore available for MAC users?
Darkspore is a currently PC-Only game, however a method has been offered which may help change this.

There's a problem with my key!
We have set up a temporary forum just for these problems. Go here if you're having problems with your Darkspore key: Key Issues Forum

How do I change my in-game player avatar?
This feature is not currently in the game, but it is coming very soon.

What is the "Daily Bonus", and what time does it reset?
The Daily Bonus gives you a bonus to your rare percentage at the end of a chain. That bonus is 50%. So, if you have a 20% chance, with the bonus activated it would become 30%. Basically it resets once a day. Technically, it resets 22 hours after you last used it.

Darkspore - The Forum
How can I change my user name?
Contact EA support, they can change your name. You may have to be persistent to get them to do it, though! Ask to speak to a manager or a higher-up. If you have accidentally set your key code as your username, please see this thread.

My thread disappeared, and now I can't find it!
It may have just been moved! If you can't find a thread you posted in, simply use the "View your posts" feature to view any post you've made and find those mysterious, lost threads.

Darkspore - The Website
Is there a way to download the game from the site?
Yup! Just go to http://www.darkspore.com/download and you'll be able to download the full game. You'll still need to purchase Darkspore in order to play it, of course. You may also have to log in to the website to download the game.
Last edited by Felluck on Mon May 16, 2011 10:24 am, edited 18 times in total.
Reason: updated the question "When is the next BETA session?".
Rebecca1208

Re: Darkspore FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Postby ghostofillusion » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:34 pm

Thanks for putting this up, Rebecca. I fixed your BBcode at the top, and added another method for the Beta forum disappearing glitch. ;)
Please read the Forum Guidelines.
ghostofillusion

Location: Trembling on the eternal glaciers of the Arctic Ridge.

Postby kurliew » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:07 am

Maybe if you put a list of the errors in?

smile
kurliew
Plasmic Orbiter

Postby Rebecca1208 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:27 am

kurliew wrote:Maybe if you put a list of the errors in?
Good idea, however we're planning on doing another FAQ for technical issues ;)
Rebecca1208

Postby Davyjonesx » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:01 pm

Dam, what would this forum be without you awesome mods. :lol:
Davyjonesx
Plasmic Orbiter

Postby Parreirao2 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:40 am

i pre ordered the game, but i didnt get any email with download info or anything... will i only get my order on 1 april? cuz i only have 30 days till i get my package (according to EA Games terms of shipping)
Parreirao2
Necrotic Spawn

Postby kurliew » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:02 am

Davyjonesx wrote:Dam, what would this forum be without you awesome mods. :lol:

A chaotic warzone where gangs of forummers duel eachother without the mods to rule and unite us as one nation of Darkspore nerds.

Anywayz back on topic

Maybe a section like this

WHAT IS DARKSPORE?
Darkspore is a sci-fi action rpg, which was inspired by spore's revolutionary award winning creature editor and the love of action rpgs shared by the designers. This idea slowly grew into what is now darkspore, a game with new and innovative game mechanics that is set in an apocolyptic world on the bring of destruction. You armed with an arsenal of genetic 'living weapons', must force back the hordes of darkspore, a science experiment gone drastically wrong, creating an army of monsterous destroyers, set on one goal, the total obliteration and consumption of the universe. Led by the mysterious 'Corruptor', they spread their influence over the entire galaxy, wiping out all civilisation in its path. However, in the final hours, select criogenitors, the alien race that once sculpted all life in the universe, were sent out to remote locations in the universe, in a cryo-sleep. The on board super computer, helix, was tasked with stabilising, expodential dna, or e-dna, a powerful form of dna that created the darkspore. If successful, these criogenitors, could amass a league of warriors, the best, genetically modified and created to destroy the darkspore, creating a sliver of hope in a dying universe...

Find out how the game works and much more at viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1660

smile
kurliew
Plasmic Orbiter

Postby LiquidLeary » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:22 pm

Sorry if this has been posted before, but is there a guide for Editor shortcuts and tools? Are they the same as the Spore editor minus a few features? I have not been able to locate any editor guides on the site as of yet.

Thanks,

-LL
LiquidLeary
Necrotic Spawn

Postby Felluck » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:25 pm

Yup, it's the same as from the Spore editor. A for asymmetrical, tab to view other gear handles. In fact, there's more functionality than in the Spore editor. They added a depth slider, I guess you could say. You can use it to directly move a part in toward and away from the Hero.
Felluck

Postby LiquidLeary » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:31 pm

Thanks!

It might be too late for this beta, but if there is another one before launch it might be beneficial to make a guide visible on the site or in-game for testing purposes.
LiquidLeary
Necrotic Spawn

Postby Felluck » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:49 pm

Hah, yeah, there are about a million things that need better documentation for this game! If you wanna go ahead and get started on that, we'd sure appreciate it. :P
Felluck

Postby Rebecca1208 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:20 am

Just an FYI to the mods - Seeing how the Beta is now public, you're free to add Beta related content in the FAQ, or the one in Technical Issues forum.
Rebecca1208

Postby ghostofillusion » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:40 pm

Alright, I'll add a section on Gameplay right now. :)
ghostofillusion

Postby Powersurge7000 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:41 pm

I know that usually your progress is carried through multiple betas, but how about from the beta to the full game on the 24th?
oh, and quick question, who are the people in the forum background behind savage (robot guy) and the guy behind zron (idk, necro?)
Powersurge7000
Necrotic Spawn

Postby Felluck » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:51 pm

Actually, most of the Beta sessions do wipe you progress in between. All progress will be reset before the game is released, as well. Fresh start for everyone!
Felluck

Postby ghostofillusion » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:13 am

The only real "advantage" you'll get is if you pre-ordered the Limited Edition. Comes with pretty cool gear, and Maldri. :)
ghostofillusion

Postby Wingflier » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:14 pm

But can't you just unlock Maldri with the regular version too? I don't see the point.
Wingflier
Necrotic Spawn

Postby Oznogg53207 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:16 pm

Wingflier wrote:But can't you just unlock Maldri with the regular version too? I don't see the point.

You then don't have to unlock Maldri, putting you one level ahead for the entire game.
Oznogg53207
Cyber Sentry

Postby kurliew » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:58 pm

and the maldri you get in the pre-order is probably not alpha, but gamma, unlocked at lvl 42, so its a pretty big boost

smile
kurliew
Plasmic Orbiter

Postby Michael042296 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:54 am

kurliew wrote:and the maldri you get in the pre-order is probably not alpha, but gamma, unlocked at lvl 42, so its a pretty big boost

There hasn't been any confirmation on this, but it is very possible.
Michael042296

Next

Return to Darkspore Discussion