It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:04 pm

Error Code 3

Can you not unlock a hero? Did all your progress get reset to level 1? Are the elites impossible to defeat on a specific level?

Error Code 3

Postby Pieguy9876 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:47 pm

So, I started getting this error about two days ago from the today, the 13th. From what I have seen myself, and heard from other players, is that this error prevents you form editing your heroes and also form activating new heroes. The error is not just me, but everyone on the servers, also it affects Steam and Origin users alike. Any ideas would be really appreciated, as this error basically prevents you from advancing without being in a party with high level players. I don't know when the earliest report of this error was, but it hasn't stopped once since I first got it. I saw a player who just bought the game, but couldn't activate their third hero because of error code 3, and so he couldn't play at all.

Sort of unrelated, but I've been playing with someone on threat level 2-1 (I'm on 11-1), i got him up to 7-1 over the time the error has been up. The problem is that his heroes are still level 10 to 15. He stands no chance against the threat he's on now, and can't customize because of the error.

Once again, any help will be appreciated by all current players, I consider this error to render the game useless, until it's fixed/goes away, Darkspore will have lost much of it's playability.
Pieguy9876
Necrotic Spawn

Re: Error Code 3

Postby davidyun » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:48 pm

That happened to me today. I had really low-level weapons on two of my Wraiths, and I just got better ones, so I tried to put them on, but each time I tried to save, I got error 3. Then, when I joined a party, I tried to improve one of my heroes, so I was in the editor, and then the other guy in the party just told me there was no point in editing because of error 3. And he was right, because as soon as I left the editor, that damn error message appeared right in my face. I have no idea why this error occurs. At least some errors have a reason, like error 400.
davidyun
Cyber Sentry

Postby ShadowlordOmega » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:35 am

This might be EA/Maxis' discreet, seemingly unintentional way of shutting down the game, by poisoning the editing system. Especially since "3" does not seem like an actual error code, instead sounding like protocol 3 or something. Simple enough, and still allows for a small amount of money to be made.
ShadowlordOmega
Necrotic Spawn

Postby Inquisitor_Laine » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:54 am

Error Code 3 has always been in the game.

Unfortunately I don't recall any workarounds or fixes. I would suggest deleting the darksporedata folder & letting the game rebuild its cache, though. Just as your base line effort.

Though rumour has it it's game-wide...if it is, the above won't change anything as it's likely server side. We'll see.
Inquisitor_Laine

Postby asdfbiscuitz » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:06 am

I have that problem too, and from what I've seen everyone has it. I asked a couple of people on the lobby, they all told me they cannot save their heroes either. Maybe a server reset would help, but I don't know if that's possible now
asdfbiscuitz
Necrotic Spawn

Postby Inquisitor_Laine » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:29 am

Unlikely. I'll make a note on the front page of a second potential widespread error.
Inquisitor_Laine

Postby Pieguy9876 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:35 am

I deleted the data folder and re-installed, as you suspected, nothing was fixed. Just letting you know.
Pieguy9876
Necrotic Spawn

Postby Epsilon4zeta » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:55 am

yes i rember talking to him.
I was happily editing lumin(when i was lvl 17,now lvl 20) when error code 3 appeared.
it apeared like from nowere.!!!!!
Now i can only pass threats with other players. because my highest heore lvl is 40.i'm in threat 6-4 onlaught.Darkspore lvl is 54~something i can't pass it.and to add it my lvl 40 is jinx and theres necrogenesis
type on this threat.also if i play alone i die in 2 mins!!!
my heroes could be lvl 58~62.
thx to error 3 now i cannot either edit,and/or activate. heroes.
i'm gonna write to EA so that they can give us source code.
if they have somebody can do a new pach and error 3 is gone.
If they don't have it(which i hope not)we will have that bug'till somebody resolves it(never)
BEWARE, THE ULTIMATE CREATOR
Epsilon4zeta
Necrotic Spawn

Postby davidyun » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:32 pm

Just got a bunch of new gear, and tried to equip my heroes. Guess what happened. Seriously, how much longer is this going to last?! Because of this error, the game's almost entirely broken.
davidyun
Cyber Sentry

Postby Meatkill » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:44 pm

We have an ERROR PANDEMIC going on!

I just got the error for no reason! =((

Now I can't save my heroes or anything!

Inquisitor_Laine wrote:Though rumour has it it's game-wide...if it is, the above won't change anything as it's likely server side. We'll see.

The error is SERVER-WIDE, since EVERYONE seems to be infected. Even I was infected.

If there is no workaround, fix, or patch at all to repair this, FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-- :( :(
Meatkill
Necrotic Spawn

Postby davidyun » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:38 pm

Everyone was getting it. Well, everyone who still plays. This error made at least 90% of Darkspore players ragequit. When I logged in, I looked at the chat panel, and it said "2 players in this lobby." But when I checked the player list, that second player must have left. When I checked the player list, there was no-one there. After playing a few levels, I went back to the arsenal, it said "1 player in this lobby." Now I can't make any progress, since I can't equip new items and I can't team up with other players from 18-4.
davidyun
Cyber Sentry

Postby IAreBeast » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:22 am

So...is their a fix for this or is darkspore officialy done?
IAreBeast
Necrotic Spawn

Postby Pieguy9876 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:03 am

It seems that a fix/patch server-side is extremely unlikely, with this error running rampant Darkspore wont survive. If you can't edit heroes, you can't advance in the game without other players(who have all rage-quit). How about Maxis/EA sells Darkspore? It would be more profitable to them then selling a dead game. But hey, that's just an opinion. Let me know what you think.
Pieguy9876
Necrotic Spawn

Postby davidyun » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:50 pm

*Sigh*... I already thought Darkspore was pretty much a dead game, and now this error just appeared out of nowhere. I'm usually the only player in my lobby these days.
davidyun
Cyber Sentry

Postby stunt8man » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:59 pm

When is this error code 3 going to be fixed? People are getting really upset :D
stunt8man
Necrotic Spawn

Postby PowerBahr » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:34 pm

I've tried everything to solve this problem. deleting the files, uninstalling the game, trying it on another computer - why on earth would EA try to kill a perfectly good game? If they did, I'm going to be super pissed. This has been my favorite game for a long time. EA doesn't need to shut down a game just because they aren't coming out with updates for it anymore. This better be just a server code error. Please try to fix it someone!
PowerBahr
Necrotic Spawn

Postby ShadowRain60 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:56 pm

I am having the same problem, I really hope someone fixes this.
ShadowRain60
Necrotic Spawn

Postby davidyun » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:20 pm

You didn't have to say that you're getting it. Error code 3's affecting every single Darkspore player.
davidyun
Cyber Sentry

Postby Meatkill » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:17 pm

OFFTOPIC ALERT

Look on the bright side...

At least we still have SPORE

This Screenshot was taken in SPORE: Galactic Adventures

Please don't ban me for this random offtopic post :P :pray:
Meatkill
Necrotic Spawn

Postby davidyun » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:32 pm

What if some people don't have Spore? Remember when I asked you to make Grashkol's variants because I couldn't?
davidyun
Cyber Sentry

Next

Return to Gameplay Bugs