Our goal is to maintain a friendly forum environment and we’ve organized some guidelines to keep in mind when posting.
Here’s a quick rundown on what to do and what to avoid in order to help us keep the forums running smoothly.
Guidelines - Posting etiquette
• Keep subject titles direct, descriptive and accurate
• Use caps and repeated punctuation judiciously
• Do not create multiple threads for one topic or post your thread in every category
• Do not post blank messages
• Do not use Flash in your signature
• Keep signatures limited to 500 characters max, and limit overall size to about 200 px tall. Don't hog vertical space!
• Use bbcode to clean up extremely long signature links by displaying link text rather than URLs.
• Bump threads judiciously. If a thread has no new posts since the last bump, please don't bump it again.
• Do not post unbroken text strings longer than 60 characters (this includes links - Use BBCode).
• Do not make posts requesting the locking of another user's thread within a thread. Please use the alert button if you believe a thread is in violation of the forum rules.
• Use search! Avoid posting duplicate threads about questions that have already been answered.
Behavior – Help keep the forums a fun place to discuss Darkspore. Remember that the forum is a place for people of all ages to discuss Darkspore. Please refrain from using fighting words, especially since the other person may be a child.
• Keep posts relevant to the topic of Darkspore
• Work out differences politely
• Be respectful when posting about religious, political, or otherwise controversial content
• Keep posts clean: free of vulgarity, racism, profanity, and bigotry
• No personal attacks: don't flame, troll, insult, harass, threaten, rant, taunt or flamebait
• Do not impersonate others
• Do not post personal information about others
• No advertising/spamming
• Mini-modding/backseat modding is discouraged. If an issue arises contact an official moderator
• Do not send repeated PMs or encourage other players to PM bomb any forum member
• Have a sense of humor!
Illegal Activities – What to avoid
• Do not post copyrighted material
• We do not support posting links to images of creatures based on copyrighted materials
• Do not discuss illegal activities
• Do not share accounts
• Do not return to the forum or the Mini-Chat on a duplicate account if any of your accounts is currently suspended
• Do not ask for or give out serial numbers
Moderators and Staff – We’re here to help
• Respect the decisions of the moderators and staff
• Do not publicize private conversations between yourself and the moderators/staff
• If necessary, we may have to remove posts or users who repeatedly violate our rules
• Do not send messages to the Maxis staff asking them to look at a specific thread. The best way to grab their attention is to post a thread in the Technical Issues or Feedback forums.
Thanks for abiding by our rules, we hope you enjoy the discussions on our boards.
If you notice something inappropriate posted on the boards, please alert a staff member, using the 'alert' button, so that we can address it.