It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:42 pm

Error Code 73003

Can you not log in? Do you see excessive lag? Do you get disconnected all the time?

Error Code 73003

Postby Krypt521 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:08 pm

I bought a 4-pack of Darkspore during the Steam sale. I'd been enjoying it until about a week ago (had JUST finished the first campaign mode tier 6-4 or whatever it was). I've been completely unable to log into the game since. I've tried every fix suggested in these forums (and others) and so far nothing has helped.

I'll describe the issue I'm currently experiencing:

-At the login screen, I enter my password and click OK. Immediately, I get an error, "ERROR Unable to log in. Please try again." No error code.
-I try again. The little ring of hexes spins up for about 20 seconds, then I get the "ERROR Unable to log in. Please try again. Error Code: 73003".
-All subsequent attempts to log in result in the 20-second spin and the 73003 error.

As I said, I've tried a ton of fixes I've seen thrown around. I've checked my nic drivers, updated graphic drivers, rebooted, restarted networking equipment, disabled antivirus, forwarded ports, disabled firewall, and ultimately connected the pc to another network (no router, directly to the cable modem). Nothing has produced any results at all. At this point I'm at a loss.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Krypt521
Necrotic Spawn

Re: Error Code 73003

Postby Inquisitor_Laine » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:05 pm

Unfortunately, every time 73K shows up, we as a forum community can do nothing.

If there is another outbreak of the error that does rear its ugly head every now & again, I can get in touch with the right people, though it might take time.

Right now? As long as you're troubleshooting, which you are, there's little else you can do, sorry. Know though that this isn't normal & if it's become a problem again, it'll get fixed.
Inquisitor_Laine

Postby Krypt521 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:28 pm

Just had a chat with EA support (since my email support request wasn't answered). They said the issue is being escalated to senior support and I'd be hearing from them via email 'soon'. So I guess that's something. :)
Krypt521
Necrotic Spawn

Postby Krypt521 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:55 pm

Wow, I am so glad I waited for the issue to be escalated to "senior support".

From the text of my ticket:

I've tried a ton of fixes I've seen mentioned. I've checked my nic drivers, updated graphic drivers, rebooted, restarted networking equipment, disabled antivirus, forwarded ports, disabled firewall, and ultimately connected the pc to another network (no router, directly to the cable modem). Nothing has produced any results at all.

The senior support responded just now with this bombshell:

I have reviewed your e-mail and I understand that you are facing connectivity issue. So please follow some general troubleshooting steps that can help you troubleshoot this issue.

First, be sure to disable any firewalls you have running:

<long description of how to disable a firewall>

• Try cycling the Power on your modem. For this, switch off your modem and leave it un-powered for about 5 minutes then re-start the modem, this should power cycle your modem. If you have Windows XP, there is a built in Firewall that we will want to disable. Please follow these steps to do so:

If you are able to connect after disabling any firewalls you have running, then this is definitely the cause of your trouble. If you wish to play the game with your firewall running, please add the game to exception list of your firewall.

For any help with the steps above, please feel free to approach us. Alternatively, please visit our online knowledgebase here: http://help.ea.com/
At Electronic Arts, we value your co-operation and efforts.

Sincerely,
Richa
Electronic Arts – World Wide Customer Experience

Seriously, if that's senior support, I'm terrified to think of what the response would've been had junior support been left to the task.

I'm just thankful I bought this recently enough to initiate a chargeback with my credit card company. I don't see any hope for EA addressing this issue.
Krypt521
Necrotic Spawn

Postby Inquisitor_Laine » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:58 am

Inquisitor_Laine wrote:If there is another outbreak of the error that does rear its ugly head every now & again, I can get in touch with the right people, though it might take time.

So I guess you skimmed over that part?

No, you read it. You just chose to ignore it to fuel your blind setting fire to things.

Patience is something I find very, very few people in this world are born with anymore. It's depressing.
Inquisitor_Laine

Postby Krypt521 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:21 am

Easy there boss, I didn't expect you to be on the hook for anything here. My beef was 100%with EA support and had nothing to do with you or these forums.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2
Krypt521
Necrotic Spawn

Postby FunnyBhoi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:28 am

Hi guys,

Im having the same trouble as Krypt,

Would appreciate any help
Thank you.
FunnyBhoi
Necrotic Spawn

Postby Inquisitor_Laine » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:36 am

As above.

I'll try get into contact with the right people for y'all. It's clearly making a comeback.

I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Inquisitor_Laine

Return to Networking Issues