It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:59 pm

Unable to Save - Error Code 0  Topic is solved

Can you not unlock a hero? Did all your progress get reset to level 1? Are the elites impossible to defeat on a specific level?

Unable to Save - Error Code 0

Postby Jmz99 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:19 am

I'm having trouble saving creatures after using the editor. I'll add the items to them and play with size/shape etc, then when I save, either by returning to the navigation screen or selecting another hero, there is a delay followed by Error Code 0. This doesn't happen every time, sometimes I get a creature saved. I don't do anything differently when it works. The error comes up almost every time I try to save.
Jmz99
Necrotic Spawn

Re: Unable to Save - Error Code 0

Postby techno605 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 am

My partner and i both have this same problem:(
It's VERY annoying after you have just spent 5-10 minutes editing your Hero and it doesn't save:(

◄►Sporepage◄►YouTube◄►
techno605
Cyber Sentry

Postby dotghost82 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:23 am

A lot of times this is caused by an unreliable internet connection. If you're using wireless, make sure to have a strong signal or just use a wired connection to make sure it's stable.
MaxisKiwiboat wrote:The inability to copy and paste the key also drives me banana sandwich.
dotghost82

Postby MaxisKiwiboat » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:23 am

When you guys see this problem, would you mind going to http://speedtest.net/, selecting 'Begin Test' and posting the results here?
MaxisKiwiboat
Site Admin

Postby ScytheNoire » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:50 am

It is not caused my internet problems. I have a 25ms ping with 15Mbps down and 1Mbps up (pretty standard) with no connection issues, hardwired, and I get the error. It's a bug on your side. Perhaps not liking Canadians?
ScytheNoire
Necrotic Spawn

Postby techno605 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:39 pm

MaxisKiwiboat wrote:When you guys see this problem, would you mind going to http://speedtest.net/, selecting 'Begin Test' and posting the results here?

◄►Sporepage◄►YouTube◄►
techno605
Cyber Sentry

Postby Jmz99 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:43 pm

MaxisKiwiboat wrote:When you guys see this problem, would you mind going to http://speedtest.net/, selecting 'Begin Test' and posting the results here?

It happens every time for me. I get about 3 minutes after logging in before it stops saving. Occasionally one hero will reset after trying, it'll be level 0 with it's previous items saying they're out of stock, equipped by that hero.

I'm on an 'up to 8mb' connection, and it's rather poor at times. I've been experiencing random disconnects in other games too, after an hour or so of gameplay, but after a reconnect it's fine again.

Edit:
I just found pingtest.net too, I seem to have high packet loss. /sigh

Edit 2:
I played again off-peak, got much better test speeds, still some packet loss, but saving was much much more successful. I assume my ISP is the one to moan at! :-?
Jmz99
Necrotic Spawn

Postby techno605 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:43 pm

Bump! I'm still having this problem.
techno605 wrote:

◄►Sporepage◄►YouTube◄►
techno605
Cyber Sentry

Postby ScytheNoire » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:16 pm

I have this problem and I have no packet loss and low pings. It has nothing to do with internet connections.

ScytheNoire
Necrotic Spawn

Postby Gravioner » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:47 pm

Yes i have the sabe problem as well even from the first released beta...what's going on?
Gravioner
Necrotic Spawn

Postby MaxisOldschool » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:04 pm

In Scythenoire's case, it turns out he is using a Bigfoot Killer NIC which Darkspore does not get along with. We think that may be the cause in his particular case, and we've asked to see if he has a different NIC he can try to see if that makes the problem go away.

In the meantime, we're now testing with that Bigfoot NIC in the office to see if we can figure out what's going on with that particular NIC.
MaxisOldschool
Developer

Postby ScytheNoire » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:15 pm

Bigfoot Killer NIC was the problem in my case. Using onboard NIC and turning off the Bigfoot software resolved my Error 0.
ScytheNoire
Necrotic Spawn

Postby techno605 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:47 am

ScytheNoire wrote:Bigfoot Killer NIC was the problem in my case. Using onboard NIC and turning off the Bigfoot software resolved my Error 0.

I have no idea how to update Realtek Ethern NIC drivers or how to turn it off. Are you able to help me out with either one?
◄►Sporepage◄►YouTube◄►
techno605
Cyber Sentry

Postby Gravioner » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:09 am

Where can i see my NICs?And what can i do to turn them off?
Gravioner
Necrotic Spawn

Postby MaxisOldschool » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:37 am

In the case discussed above with Scythenoire, he has a separate hardware called a Bigfoot Killer NIC that Darkspore has a known issue with. The Bigfoot also came with a separate piece of software that he also needed to shut down, even when he used his onboard NIC. We're currently looking into the Bigfoot card, and maybe we'll get some other leads into the Error 0 problem in general. It seems this Error 0 is also associated with some kind of transaction not being returned successfully and high packet loss.

If you run a dxdiag, generally it will say in the system device section what kind of NIC or ethernet drivers/hardware you are running. If you are just using the onboard NIC with your PC, you may not have any separate NIC software.

As MaxisKiwiBoat mentions above, if you do get Error 0, try running the test at http://speedtest.net/ and post the results here. The test results from http://pingtest.net/ would also be helpful to post.
MaxisOldschool
Developer

Postby MaxisOldschool » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:39 am

techno605 wrote:I have no idea how to update Realtek Ethernet NIC drivers or how to turn it off. Are you able to help me out with either one?

You can try running Windows Update to see if there is any updated drivers available. You won't want to turn off those drivers, as I don't think you'll be able to connect to the internet after doing so! :)
MaxisOldschool
Developer

Postby techno605 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:34 pm

I just finished the ping test and found that i needed to download/install java for my browser.
The bottom picture is the result after installing the java.... I'll go do some editing and let you know if i'm still getting the error 0.
UPDATE: Same old problem =(( Error code 0.
◄►Sporepage◄►YouTube◄►
techno605
Cyber Sentry

Postby MaxisSp4ce » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:09 pm

ScytheNoire wrote:Bigfoot Killer NIC was the problem in my case. Using onboard NIC and turning off the Bigfoot software resolved my Error 0.

Bigfoot Networks sent us a couple NICs for testing and I found and fixed an issue that may have been causing these crashes. After the fix I was able to play the game without any problems using the Bigfoot NIC. If you have one of these cards that you disabled in order to play Darkspore please re-enable it, try out the game and report back.

Thanks!
MaxisSp4ce
Site Admin

Postby techno605 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:19 pm

My partner and i are still having the same problem, even with our new CD games:(
It's very off putting when you spend 5 minutes editing, just to have your hero not save.
◄►Sporepage◄►YouTube◄►
techno605
Cyber Sentry

Postby techno605 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:13 pm

I think i may have worked out whats been going on. Sometimes after editing a Hero, a part that you have just used, stays in the same slot for your next Hero that you switch to. And if you use that same part again, you get the error 0. It's what i've noticed anyway.
And it will keep happening until you no longer try to use the part that's already equipped on another Hero.
====================================================================

Here is another bug as well:

◄►Sporepage◄►YouTube◄►
techno605
Cyber Sentry

Next

Return to Gameplay Bugs