It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:49 pm

Offline Darkspore?

Anything and everything Darkspore.

Offline Darkspore?

Postby gutinstinct17 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:07 pm

As much as I like Co-op and pvp, I believe that Darkspore should have an offline mode. When your internet connection is bad or you don't have internet or you just don't want to play online, you could still play and enjoy the game. This could benefit many people, I for one, and make a quicker and better gaming experience for all darkspore players. Please post your thoughts and opinions below. :)
gutinstinct17
Necrotic Spawn

Re: Offline Darkspore?

Postby Dirt3pz » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:09 pm

my thought is that this have been discussed a million times before
Dirt3pz
Necrotic Spawn

Postby gutinstinct17 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:14 pm

Has it? I haven't seen any posts about it.
gutinstinct17
Necrotic Spawn

Postby gutinstinct17 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:16 pm

It still is an issue that should be adressed. :-w
Does anybody know if darkspore beta coming at 8pm or am tommorow?
gutinstinct17
Necrotic Spawn

Postby TehJumpingJawa » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:26 pm

So long as you don't mind having separate 'on-realm' and 'off-realm' personas there shouldn't be a technical reason why SP is impossible...
TehJumpingJawa
Cyber Sentry

Postby MaxisKiwiboat » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:28 pm

Darkspore is a multiplayer game with everything being stored server side. For at least the immediate future, there will not be an offline mode.
MaxisKiwiboat
Site Admin

Postby gigasman » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:00 pm

MaxisKiwiboat wrote:Darkspore is a multiplayer game with everything being stored server side. For at least the immediate future, there will not be an offline mode.

Do you guys at least have plans for the future? Presumably at some point it won't make sense for you to keep maintaining a Darkspore server, but there are plenty of games, like diablo and counter strike, which I still like to play once in a while decades on, and hopefully darkspore will be one of those.
gigasman
Cyber Sentry

Postby koopaman42 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:13 pm

that doesn't bother me but it might be helpful to other players
Image Image Image HELP MY EGGS!!!
koopaman42
Necrotic Spawn

Postby Zemerick » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:54 pm

User warned for post. Do not discuss hacking or cracking Darkspore (or any game), unless you are trying to tell a developer about a crack/exploit.--MaxisKiwiboat

Simple: Buy and install the game, then download a crack ( making sure to take all the precautions you should when downloading stuff off the internet ). To crack the game, they will have to make it save files on your computer. This means offline mode. It's how they did it with AC2/BH. Remember, there are legitimate uses for these cracks, and this is one of them...though it still won't be officially acknowledged I'm sure:)
Zemerick
Necrotic Spawn

Postby MaxisKiwiboat » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:46 pm

Zemerick wrote:Simple: Buy and install the game, then download a crack ( making sure to take all the precautions you should when downloading stuff off the internet ). To crack the game, they will have to make it save files on your computer. This means offline mode. It's how they did it with AC2/BH. Remember, there are legitimate uses for these cracks, and this is one of them...though it still won't be officially acknowledged I'm sure:)

If you went down this route, you would not be able to play the game at all :) All games and data are hosted and stored on our servers. It would be like trying to play WoW offline (i.e. not possible).
MaxisKiwiboat
Site Admin

Postby MaxisKiwiboat » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:50 pm

gigasman wrote:Do you guys at least have plans for the future? ...

We currently do not have any plans to add an offline mode.
MaxisKiwiboat
Site Admin

Postby kurliew » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:58 pm

Zemerick wrote:User warned for post. Do not discuss hacking or cracking Darkspore (or any game), unless you are trying to tell a developer about a crack/exploit.--MaxisKiwiboat

Simple: Buy and install the game, then download a crack ( making sure to take all the precautions you should when downloading stuff off the internet ). To crack the game, they will have to make it save files on your computer. This means offline mode. It's how they did it with AC2/BH. Remember, there are legitimate uses for these cracks, and this is one of them...though it still won't be officially acknowledged I'm sure:)

Id like to see you try.

To do that you'd have to somehow %~##@^&*#$%# and we all know that $%#^@&$*# and that would mean that #&$^*@$% which would mean it would be impossible

-post censored by Kurliew

smile
kurliew
Plasmic Orbiter

Postby Rebecca1208 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:11 am

Keep it constructive, please. And keep posts clear of content that may include illegal activities (ie. hacking, piracy)
Spore Profile · DeviantArt · YouTube · Darkspore Group on DeviantArt
Don't forget the Forum Guidelines - Feel free to contact me if you need anything!
Rebecca1208

Postby gigasman » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:02 am

kurliew wrote:
Zemerick wrote:User warned for post. Do not discuss hacking or cracking Darkspore (or any game), unless you are trying to tell a developer about a crack/exploit.--MaxisKiwiboat

Id like to see you try.

To do that you'd have to somehow %~##@^&*#$%# and we all know that $%#^@&$*# and that would mean that #&$^*@$% which would mean it would be impossible

You know all you'd have to do is spoof a %$$@#%#@#, which while it would be a little excessive is possible, I'm sure someone will take the time though, I haven't been poking around at the game so I'm not sure how secure everything is but realistically anything can be cracked with enough time and will. I like the server side data since it means that there shouldn't be an ability to item dup / cheat in pvp, avoiding the problem a lot of games like this have had
gigasman
Cyber Sentry

Postby kurliew » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:10 am

yeah, didnt they do it in assasins creed?

smile
kurliew
Plasmic Orbiter

Postby MrDanglyBits » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:56 am

Time to upgrade that dial up connection.
MrDanglyBits
Necrotic Spawn

Postby Zemerick » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:39 am

gigasman wrote:
kurliew wrote:

Id like to see you try.

You know all you'd have to do is spoof a %$$@#%#@#, which while it would be a little excessive is possible, I'm sure someone will take the time though, I haven't been poking around at the game so I'm not sure how secure everything is but realistically anything can be cracked with enough time and will. I like the server side data since it means that there shouldn't be an ability to item dup / cheat in pvp, avoiding the problem a lot of games like this have had

Well, after talking with mkb a bit, it seems more than just saves are server side. Because it actually contains game data, even to run single player you would need to run a full server emulator akin to mmo emulators. These typically take teams of people years to put together.
Zemerick
Necrotic Spawn

Postby Renadi » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:43 pm

Lol yeah but the server emulation would only have to have one data set, that can't be too hard can it?
x] But seriously, you're pretty much out of luck, course internet really isn't that expensive, only reason I'm not paying for mine now is because I'm moving at the end of the month, tons of places have decent wifi lol hop down to burger king or mcdonalds to play :D
Renadi
Cyber Sentry

Postby kytoguy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:19 pm

Online will keep Spore going and I agree for them to have the game ONLINE ONLY.
kytoguy
Necrotic Spawn

Postby IAreSpothering » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:39 pm

MaxisKiwiboat wrote:
Zemerick wrote:Simple: Buy and install the game, then download a crack ( making sure to take all the precautions you should when downloading stuff off the internet ). To crack the game, they will have to make it save files on your computer. This means offline mode. It's how they did it with AC2/BH. Remember, there are legitimate uses for these cracks, and this is one of them...though it still won't be officially acknowledged I'm sure:)

If you went down this route, you would not be able to play the game at all :) All games and data are hosted and stored on our servers. It would be like trying to play WoW offline (i.e. not possible).

What about Private Servers? :-?
IAreSpothering
Cyber Sentry

Next

Return to Darkspore Discussion